CHILD USA FILM SERIES
The CHILD USA Film Series educates the public on issues of child abuse and neglect. Each event features a film addressing a particular aspect of abuse followed by an in-depth discussion with a panel of experts, advocates, and individuals involved in making the film. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the events are virtual and live-streamed by viewers globally.
Register for upcoming events and see our past screenings below.
‘Sulphur and White’
Panel Discussion and Q&A
Postponed – new date TBD
‘Sulphur and White’ is a feature film by Julian Jarrold based on the inspiring true story of David Tait, who was sexually abused as a child by multiple individuals. ‘Sulphur and White’ follows his journey through healing, love, and self-discovery in the aftermath of his traumatic childhood.
The panel discussion and Q&A will feature:
- David Tait, CEO, World Gold Council
- Susanne Farrell, Screenwriter
- Anna Friel, as Joanne Tait
- Julian Jarrold, Director
- Alastair Petrie, Actor
- Mark Stanley, as David Tait
- Professor Marci Hamilton, CEO & Founder, CHILD USA
Guests are encouraged to watch the film (available on Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video) prior to attending. We will show a trailer but not the entire film.
‘Audrie & Daisy’ Panel: Sexual Assault, Child Pornography, Victim-Blaming, & Mental Health
June 16, 2021 6:30pm EST – 8:00pm EST
- Robert Allard, Esq., the Pott family’s Attorney
- Dr. Sharon Cooper, child sexual exploitation medical expert
- Dr. Liz Goldman, child sex abuse survivor, activist, & Psychiatrist
- Delaney Henderson, sexual assault survivor, author, and activist featured in Audrie & Daisy
- Margaret E. Mabie, Esq., child pornography and cyber-bullying expert Attorney
- Professor Marci Hamilton, CEO & Founder of CHILD USA
FEEDBACK FROM VIEWERS
Robert Allard, Esq.
Pott Family Attorney
Sharon W. Cooper, MD FAAP
CEO of Developmental & Forensic Pediatrics, P.A.
Dr. Liz Goldman
Psychiatrist, Survivor, & Advocate
Survivor, Author, Speaker, & Activist
Margaret E. Mabie, Esq.
Professor Marci Hamilton
CEO & Founder, CHILD USA
‘Silent No More’ Film Screening & Panel
April 8, 2021 6:30pm EST – 8:00pm EST